- An interactive combat system with action commands. Aim with your skills, use buffs strategically and evade enemy attacks.
- Plan your steps ahead and find a cure for the infection known as the Mare Noctem before it consumes Johanna completly.
- Build and personify your battle machine to fight off Dream Demons. Find a way for “more inspiration” to unlock additional modules.
- Explore the Donnerwald area, find hidden areas and items to aid you at night when you traverse through the world of nightmares.
- Many characters, all with their own goals, fears and dreams. You can bond with them if you deem it necessary, maybe it pays off to be nice?
- Dogs which can be pet.
- A big plot tree which allows to see the whole story from different angles.
Release date: Planned for Halloween 2020
Target platform: PC (Steam, GameJolt, thereef.io), planned for Nintendo Switch, more TBA
An endless nightmare awaits Johanna Prokuri
Once she was a brilliant construct artificer who created all kinds of machines and automatons. But three years ago she lost all her creavitiy during a failed experiment with the Dream Machine.
Since then, she was trying her best to get back to her old self. Being unable to do what she loved most felt like a hole in her heart.
It all changed one night, when a charming mole appeared in her dreams. He claims to be Montgomery, the Dream Demon hunter.
He warns her that she has been “infected” with Mare Noctem by a Dream Demon. The loss of creativity is just one of the symptoms and she’s about to die soon.
But all hope is not lost. Montgomery suspects they may cure Johanna by capturing the Demon’s hat who caused her this trouble.
Easier said than done, as those Demons are powerful creatures, responsible for all kinds of nightmares.
To have an edge in this matter, Montgomery offers Johanna a Woy Pact, promising those powers will help her. She suspected that some side effects weren’t fully disclosed, yet she gladly accepted the offer and shook hands with Montgomery.
With those newly aquired Woy Powers, she’s able to create and control new dangerous machines.
But it doesn’t take long for her to realize that something about this whole demon hunting story is off. And if she’s not careful in her encounters, it might be her head.
A game about (self) discovery
Explore the surroundings of Donnerwald as well as the strange Dream Worlds in this sidescrolling RPG and discover the truth behind the experiment.
You have to decide if you befriend or oppose certain characters. They may join your cause, or cause deep trouble later.
If you’re getting close to certain people, you may even ask them to dance with you during the awakening festival (be it male or female NPCs).
Invent additional gadgets and learn special abilities to find hidden places or warp your surroundings. You can also use them in battles.
But beware, sometimes power comes at a high price.
But don’t lose track about the most important question:
What is just a dream and what is reality?